Progressive Insurance Provider – About Progressive Insurance
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies has been insuring drivers since 1937. Progressive gained a reputation for innovating new ways to keep one step ahead of the insurance industry, giving customers new solutions for affordable insurance plans.
Progressive Insurance is one of the most recognizable brands in the United States. Headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio there are 450 offices and over 28,000 employees.
Progressive Insurance’s Company Rating
Progressive Insurance has the #1 online insurance site and holds a place in the top ten best insurance companies based on customer ratings.
“Progressive” Customer Service
Customers can interact with Progressive Insurance 24/7 through multiple channels including Licensed Agents, Website, Mobile Apps, Service Repair Centers, and Call Centers. Progressive Insurance focuses on ease of use and affordability when developing new insurance plan concepts.
The Insurance Product Advantages Of Progressive
- Name Your Price® Program: A tool that shows customers a sample of coverage based on their budget showing where state requirements are not met so that you can improve your budget and plan realistically
- Competitive Quotes: Progressive Insurance compares its plans to those of other insurance companies so you can easily evaluate competitive offers
- Snapshot® Program: Installs a device in your automobile to track driving behaviors, analyzing and reward good drivers with safe driving discounts. Free 30 day trials of this device can be set up prior to switching insurance companies
- Bundles: Select two or more of their insurance categories and receive additional savings up to 8%
- Concierge Service Centers: Drop your vehicle off and can get your claim started, your vehicles assessed and repaired and get a rental car onsite. Service Center repairs are guaranteed for as long as you have the car
- Policy Service and Management: Tools to make payments, update information, and get recall information
- Online Claims Reporting: Customers can log in to report accidents or glass damage in minutes using visual reporting tools. You can schedule appointments at service centers or at a repair shop nearby
- Rate Ticker: Actual scrolling Progressive direct auto insurance rates side-by-side with other top insurers
- Agent Locator: You can search for local independent insurance agents by sip code or by type of insurance you are interested in
- Talk to Me: Online service where Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology allows online shoppers to question their quote with a live representative over the internet or have them call you directly
Progressive’s Insurance Categories
- Recreational Insurance
- Personal Watercraft
- Travel Trailer
- Golf Cart
- Home Owners
- Classic Car
- Commercial Auto
- Mobile Home
- ID Theft Protection
- Mechanical Repair Plan
- Wedding & Event
Progressive Insurance Company History
"True To Our Name - Progressive"
1937 – Progressive develops their first drive-in claims office, then became the first insurance company to introduce installment payment plans, and brings reduced rates for low-risk drivers to market
1951 – Progressive Insurance moves new offices to downtown Cleveland, OH
1955 – Jack Green became CEO and Peter Lewis began his career with Progressive
1956 – Progressive Casualty Company was formed to write high-risk drivers auto insurance
1960 – Progressive Corporation was formed, Peter Lewis as CEO remained in control of the company until 2000 when Glenn Renwick was named CEO and President
1971 – Progressive became a public company
1974 – Progressive moved its headquarters from Downtown to Mayfield Village in Cleveland beginning two decades of growth and expansion
1987 – Progressive sold more than $1 Billion dollars in premiums-New York Stock Exchange lists Progressive stock under the PGR symbol
1990 – Progressive introduces Immediate Response claims service, available 24/7
1992 – Progressive is the largest seller of auto insurance through independent agents
1994 – Progressive surpassed written premiums of $2 Billion dollars
1994 – 1-800-AUTO-PRO rate comparison shopping service is introduced where customers can get competitive quotes from up to three competitors plus a Progressive Quote in one call. The same holds true today under phone # 1-800-PROGRESSIVE
1994 – Immediate Response Vehicles were marked, outfitted, and introduced to bring trained claims agents to the scene of an accident or wherever they were needed
2003 – Progressive launches Concierge Level Claims Service with Service Repair Centers in select markets where customers drop their vehicles off at a claims service center and all aspects of the claim, repair, and rental cars are handled in one place. Total Loss Concierge service helps customers find and finance a competitively priced replacement vehicle
1995 – Progressive becomes the first major auto insurance website where customers can get information
1996 – Customers can comparison rate shop online
1997 – Customers can purchase auto plans online in real-time.
2016 – Progressive Website offers 24/7 online tools:
- Policy Service and Management-Tools to make payments, update information, and get recall information
- Online Claims Reporting allows customers to log in to report accidents or glass damage in minutes using visual reporting tools. You can schedule appointments at service centers or at a repair shop nearby
- Rate Ticker allows scrolling Progressive direct auto insurance rates side-by-side with other top insurers
- Agent Locator lets you search for local independent insurance agents by zip code or by type of insurance you are interested in
- Talk to Me, an online service where Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology allows online shoppers to question their quote with a live representative over the internet or have them call you directly
Start Your Insurance Quote
Get your quote online by filling out our short form.