We decided to have a little fun and put together some fun insurance facts for you! We understand how insurance can be boring and stressful, but there is also a fun side to it!
Which of the facts below did you already know? And which ones are new to you? Let us know! We look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Did you Know…
- Benjamin Franklin founded the first insurance company in in 1751 in the United States. Today, the Philadelphia Contributorship for the Insurance of Houses from Loss by Fire still exists today. Source
- One of the world’s largest payouts was 9/11 for loss of life and property. It resulted in almost $40 Billion in payouts. Source
- Starbucks spends more on Health Care than they do on coffee. Source
- No insurance company will underwrite Jackie Chan’s productions, where he performs his own stunts. He personally trains his stuntmen and pays for their medical bills out of his own pocket. Source
- You could buy fire insurance in 1682. To show you had insurance, a metal plate was attached to your building. Source
- The most expensive life insurance policy is worth $201 Million. Source
- Betty Grable, a popular actress during WWII, insured her famous legs of $1 Million. Source
- Bruce Springsteen insured his voice for a cool $5.7 Million. Source
- More than 300,000 alien abduction policies have been purchased throughout Europe. But you must be able to provide proof of your abduction to file a claim. Source
- Getting married? You can insure your wedding in the event you don’t go through with the big day. Source
We would love to hear of odd and weird insurance facts you might have! Leave your comment below or post them on our Facebook wall!