Join The Team Who Makes A Difference
At Compass, we provide new or experienced agents with a great professional career opportunity. We want to make the world a better place by providing much needed protection to our clients, friends and family.
Enjoy a brand new office with break rooms, conference rooms, restrooms, and kitchenettes.
Ample, on-site parking is available at 280 Ann Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 —a hard-to-find amenity in or near downtown! The US-131 ramp is located directly across the street providing easy access for travelers.
Hiring Personal Lines Agents
Personal Lines Agents are agents who handle Auto and Home Insurance clients.
Personal Lines Agent Responsibilities:
- Answer client questions and complaints
- Assist clients with claims
- Market to potential customers
- Provide auto and home insurance quotes
- Must successfully complete an intensive training program
- Agent must follow company 5 step sales process
Personal Lines Agent Education:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Some secondary school education
Personal Lines Agent Qualifications:
- Property and Casualty Insurance License by the State of Michigan required
Personal Lines Agent Skills:
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Works well in a team
- Works well independently
Personal Lines Agent Compensation:
- $35k – $100K per year
Personal Lines Agent Benefits:
Compass Insurance Agency provides a base salary plus bonuses from new business sales. After 90 days our employees are eligible for an additional $150 a month to use for whatever benefit they see fit.
Our agents are also given the opportunity to become Partner Agents once the reach a $1 million book of business. Our agency also conducts quarterly contest and provides annual profit sharing to those who are eligible. We also do quarterly team activities to support the charities our employees are most passionate about.
Use the provided contact form to apply for a position.